Tuesday, January 29, 2008

new 5 Spot painting



I used to work at the 5 Spot restaurant on Queen Anne in Seattle. And even though I don't work there anymore, they still let me make paintings for their festivals. They have a new festival every 3 months, where they have a theme with special menu items and the whole restaurant gets redecorated. It's very cool and it keeps a awesome restaurant constantly awesomer.

This seasons theme is Route 66. I picked the skyview drive in as my painting subject. And above is what I came up with.

Now I know I have done a steve zissou before.... but i'm really not obsessed with the movie. i really like it, i think the characters are all really cool, and i think the film has a semi-cult following. that's my reason for making a movie poster for the skyview drive in.

so here it is for all to love! be sure to go to the actual restaurant to see it in person!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Scott, I have picture of you painting up on my school blog currently. Check it out, yo! ... before I change it. My parents said they chatted with you a while a couple of weeks ago. I was jealous.