Friday, August 03, 2007

turning 30


i turned 30 yesterday with no big hub bub or fireworks show. Sometimes you think big events are supposed to happen in big ways... but most of the time they just pass like everyday events. It feels like a big deal to me though. Maybe it's my hope of something different. It's a new decade... the 20's have gone. They were great, but kind of a bi-polar decade. Great ups, painful downs.... I've heard that your 30's are a little more even keel. I hope so. I also hope they bring in a stepping up. Doing art, learning to be an artist... these things have been difficult. And not that i dont' think they won't continue to be that way... i guess i'm hoping to a least jump up to some new level of success and to keep moving. I feel like i've been in a rut lately. so who knows. that's my prayer anyway.

This is totaly cliche and cheesy, and not even good theology... but one thing that gives me hope is that Jesus didn't start his "ministry" until he was thirty. Now i'm not trying to say that 30 is the holy number to get your life going... but it does say something about timing, maturing, etc. i'm not going to write a book about it, it's just something that gives me a little hope in the possibilities of tomorrow.

with that... welcome 30's....

1 comment:

Reyes-Chow said...

Happy birthday! I hope you can still walk the block without oxygen ;-)